Stage musical of The Opposite of Sex closer to completion
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 21 2002 1:00 AM ET
A first act and 12 songs have been completed for a new stage musical version of The Opposite of Sex, according to Variety. The musical would be a theatrical spin on out writer-director Don Roos's 1998 comedy about a teen tart who seduces her gay brother's boyfriend and runs away with him and with the ashes of her brother's dead lover. Roos and producer Michael Besman are collaborating on the show with playwright-director Rob Roth (the stage version of Beauty and the Beast) and composer Doug Cohen (No Way to Treat a Lady). Once backing is secured, the team hopes to complete the second act and stage the show in the spring of 2004.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'