Kushner to publish scene from controversial new play in The Nation
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 12 2003 1:00 AM ET
Tony award-winning playwright Tony Kushner (Angels in America) will publish a scene from his latest play, Only We Who Guard the Mystery Shall Be Unhappy, in The Nation magazine, according to the New York Post's Page Six column. The scene features first lady Laura Bush explaining to a group of Iraqi children why they were killed by the United States. "[Saddam Hussein] will kill many, many other children all over the world if he isn't stopped. So, so it was, um, necessary for you to die, sweetie, oh how awful to say that, but it was precious."
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality
- Interception: Clemson Football Coach Withdraws From Antigay Fundraiser
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun