Peter Bagge's new comic book Sweatshop pokes fun at gay politics
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 23 2003 12:00 AM ET
Hitting stands on Wednesday, Sweatshop (DC Comics) is a humorous comic book set behind the scenes at a successful daily newspaper comic strip, where the assistants do all the work and the creator takes long lunches. In the first issue, a rival strip introduces a gay character (who happens to be a hamster), which creates chaos in the competition for a coveted award. Sweatshop is created by acclaimed writer-artist Peter Bagge (Hate, Neat Stuff, Yeah!). For more information visit www.DCComics.com.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'