Peter Bagge's new comic book Sweatshop pokes fun at gay politics
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 23 2003 12:00 AM ET
Hitting stands on Wednesday, Sweatshop (DC Comics) is a humorous comic book set behind the scenes at a successful daily newspaper comic strip, where the assistants do all the work and the creator takes long lunches. In the first issue, a rival strip introduces a gay character (who happens to be a hamster), which creates chaos in the competition for a coveted award. Sweatshop is created by acclaimed writer-artist Peter Bagge (Hate, Neat Stuff, Yeah!). For more information visit www.DCComics.com.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- MSNBC Shake-Up Means Big Role for Thomas Roberts
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV (Video)
- WATCH: Student Defies Russia's Propaganda Ban With Hozier's 'Take Me to Church'
- The Best Drag Take on Madonna Is By a Woman