Peter Bagge's new comic book Sweatshop pokes fun at gay politics
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 22 2003 11:00 PM ET
Hitting stands on Wednesday, Sweatshop (DC Comics) is a humorous comic book set behind the scenes at a successful daily newspaper comic strip, where the assistants do all the work and the creator takes long lunches. In the first issue, a rival strip introduces a gay character (who happens to be a hamster), which creates chaos in the competition for a coveted award. Sweatshop is created by acclaimed writer-artist Peter Bagge (Hate, Neat Stuff, Yeah!). For more information visit www.DCComics.com.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View