Peter Bagge's new comic book Sweatshop pokes fun at gay politics
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 23 2003 12:00 AM ET
Hitting stands on Wednesday, Sweatshop (DC Comics) is a humorous comic book set behind the scenes at a successful daily newspaper comic strip, where the assistants do all the work and the creator takes long lunches. In the first issue, a rival strip introduces a gay character (who happens to be a hamster), which creates chaos in the competition for a coveted award. Sweatshop is created by acclaimed writer-artist Peter Bagge (Hate, Neat Stuff, Yeah!). For more information visit www.DCComics.com.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- Speak Now: Prop. 8 Decision Will Pave Way for National Marriage Victory
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- WATCH: Bruce LaBruce at MoMA