Peter Bagge's new comic book Sweatshop pokes fun at gay politics
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 23 2003 12:00 AM ET
Hitting stands on Wednesday, Sweatshop (DC Comics) is a humorous comic book set behind the scenes at a successful daily newspaper comic strip, where the assistants do all the work and the creator takes long lunches. In the first issue, a rival strip introduces a gay character (who happens to be a hamster), which creates chaos in the competition for a coveted award. Sweatshop is created by acclaimed writer-artist Peter Bagge (Hate, Neat Stuff, Yeah!). For more information visit www.DCComics.com.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- 15 Queer Documentaries That Helped Define Us
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- North Carolina Lawmakers Give Antigay Judges, Clerks Right to Discriminate