Cast changes at Showtime's The L Word
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 09 2003 11:00 PM ET
Eric Mabius has been added to the cast of Showtime's upcoming drama series The L Word (formerly Earthlings). Mabius joins Mia Kirshner, Jennifer Beals, Laurel Holloman, and Pam Grier on the show about the lives and loves of a group of West Hollywood, Calif., women, most of them lesbians. He is replacing Scott Bairstow in the series, set to premiere in January.
The L Word centers on a gifted young writer (Kirshner), who moves from Chicago to Los Angeles to live with her boyfriend (Mabius). Getting to know their next-door neighbors, a gay couple (Beals, Holloman) and their friends, the writer starts to question her sexuality. Mabius's credits include the features Welcome to the Dollhouse, I Shot Andy Warhol, and Gregg Araki's Splendor. He will next be seen in the indie The Job, recently picked up by Lions Gate Entertainment, opposite William Forsythe, Brad Renfro, and Daryl Hannah.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson 13 min 9 sec ago
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 1 hour 56 min ago
- Coming Out WATCH: Mom Affirms Love in Son's Coming-Out Video 2 hours 19 min ago
- People Photo of the Day: DLB and Tom Daley Share a Moment in Houston 2 hours 26 min ago
- Entertainment News Damien Lewis vs. Ian McKellen: Homeland Actor Apologizes 2 hours 37 min ago
- Politics WATCH: Right-Wing 'Documentary' Tries to Defend 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 2 hours 45 min ago
- Internet Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay 2:44 PM