Krakowski to play Liza in Simply Halston
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 23 2003 12:00 AM ET
Recent Tony award winner Jane Krakowski will play Liza Minnelli in Simply Halston, which stars Alec Baldwin in the title role as the famed fashionista. Halston centers on the life and times of gay designer Halston and his long-term friendship with Minnelli. Out filmmaker Dan Minahan (Series 7: The Contenders) will direct from a script he cowrote with James Lecesne. The project is aiming to start production by year's end and is currently out to financiers. Krakowski won a Tony earlier this year for featured actress in a musical in Nine opposite Antonio Banderas. She also appears in the Paramount comedy feature Marci X, written by Paul Rudnick, which opens Friday.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune