Krakowski to play Liza in Simply Halston
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 23 2003 12:00 AM ET
Recent Tony award winner Jane Krakowski will play Liza Minnelli in Simply Halston, which stars Alec Baldwin in the title role as the famed fashionista. Halston centers on the life and times of gay designer Halston and his long-term friendship with Minnelli. Out filmmaker Dan Minahan (Series 7: The Contenders) will direct from a script he cowrote with James Lecesne. The project is aiming to start production by year's end and is currently out to financiers. Krakowski won a Tony earlier this year for featured actress in a musical in Nine opposite Antonio Banderas. She also appears in the Paramount comedy feature Marci X, written by Paul Rudnick, which opens Friday.
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- Greg Louganis on Caitlyn Jenner: 'We All Have Our Own Journeys'