ThinkFilm acquires Stephen Fry's Bright Young Things
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 18 2003 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that ThinkFilm has acquired North American rights to Bright Young Things, the debut feature film from out actor-writer Stephen Fry. The adaptation of Evelyn Waugh's Vile Bodies makes its U.S. debut in January at the Sundance Film Festival and boasts a cast that includes Dan Aykroyd, Jim Broadbent, Simon Callow, Stockard Channing, Richard E. Grant, John Mills, and Peter O'Toole. "Bright Young Things is a totally delicious combination of satire and farce that proves Stephen Fry is nothing short of a Renaissance man," ThinkFilm distribution head Mark Urman said in a statement. "Not only is it a stunningly accurate, if slightly veiled, depiction of the way we live now, it has several comic set pieces that are sure to be instant classics."
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges