ThinkFilm acquires Stephen Fry's Bright Young Things
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 18 2003 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that ThinkFilm has acquired North American rights to Bright Young Things, the debut feature film from out actor-writer Stephen Fry. The adaptation of Evelyn Waugh's Vile Bodies makes its U.S. debut in January at the Sundance Film Festival and boasts a cast that includes Dan Aykroyd, Jim Broadbent, Simon Callow, Stockard Channing, Richard E. Grant, John Mills, and Peter O'Toole. "Bright Young Things is a totally delicious combination of satire and farce that proves Stephen Fry is nothing short of a Renaissance man," ThinkFilm distribution head Mark Urman said in a statement. "Not only is it a stunningly accurate, if slightly veiled, depiction of the way we live now, it has several comic set pieces that are sure to be instant classics."
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'