ThinkFilm acquires Stephen Fry's Bright Young Things
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 18 2003 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that ThinkFilm has acquired North American rights to Bright Young Things, the debut feature film from out actor-writer Stephen Fry. The adaptation of Evelyn Waugh's Vile Bodies makes its U.S. debut in January at the Sundance Film Festival and boasts a cast that includes Dan Aykroyd, Jim Broadbent, Simon Callow, Stockard Channing, Richard E. Grant, John Mills, and Peter O'Toole. "Bright Young Things is a totally delicious combination of satire and farce that proves Stephen Fry is nothing short of a Renaissance man," ThinkFilm distribution head Mark Urman said in a statement. "Not only is it a stunningly accurate, if slightly veiled, depiction of the way we live now, it has several comic set pieces that are sure to be instant classics."
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'