Adam Shankman looks into Overparenting
March 18 2004 12:00 AM ET
Out director Adam Shankman, who ruled the box office a year ago with Bringing Down the House, is eyeing a family comedy called Overparenting. The story revolves around two overprotective parents who enroll their shy son in an exclusive kindergarten where he makes friends with another student with wealthy parents. His new friend's parents invite him and his parents to Hawaii for what turns into a vacation from hell. It was written by Cheaper by the Dozen scribe Sam Harper.
Overparenting is one of two projects set up at Offspring Entertainment, the Disney-based production company that Shankman runs with Jennifer Gibgot. The other one, The Fiance, is about a woman who breaks off her engagement to the seemingly perfect guy. She decides the only way to get rid of him is for her to find him a new girlfriend, but in the course of doing that, she falls back in love with the man. It was written by Jennifer Robinson and Dyanne Stemple. Shankman is prepping The Pacifier, which Disney is releasing. His other credits include The Wedding Planner and A Walk to Remember.
- World News Elton John's Weekend Concerts in Russia to Proceed 34 min 58 sec ago
- Entertainment News WATCH: Leslie Jordan 'Go Bold' With Models to Crash Super Bowl 1 hour 52 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey 4:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Love Starts With Acceptance 4:00 AM
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts 4:00 AM
- Parenting Q&A: Darren Spedale, Co-Parenting Pioneer, Talks About His Latest Venture December 05 2013 10:40 PM
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM