Johnny Depp may have a same-sex smooch in an upcoming film
August 12 2004 12:00 AM ET
Johnny Depp is rumored to have an on-screen same-sex kiss in his upcoming film The Libertine, according to MSNBC.com's Jeannette Walls. Libertine stars Depp as 17th-century poet John Wilmot, the earl of Rochester, whom literary historians believe to have been bisexual. A source tells Walls that the object of Depp's osculatory affections "is Rupert Friend, and he's a fairly unknown actor--but very handsome. The lucky guy." No release date has yet been set for The Libertine.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- #TBT: Halloween Exhibitionism
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight