Helen Mirren Tells Off Group Promoting LGBT Festival
BY Neal Broverman
May 06 2013 3:44 PM ET
A group of drummers were treated to an unusual sight this weekend: Dame Helen Mirren running out of a West End theater, dressed as Queen Elizabeth II, screaming and reprimanding them.
The drummers were promoting the As One in the Park festival, a large-scale LGBT gathering this summer in London. The music they were making disrupted a performance of The Audience, which stars Mirren as Queen Elizabeth II. Incensed by the noise, Mirren shrieked, "Quiet! I'm trying to do a play in here! People have paid a lot of money for tickets."
The iconic actress apparently felt bad about her reaction, later telling The Telegraph: “I would love to track them down and invite them to see the play. I felt rotten but on the other hand they were destroying our performance so something had to be done."
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Jon Stewart on GOP Reaction to Marriage Equality: 'Voldemort Has Risen'
- Here's How You Can Celebrate Trans Pride on Facebook, Too!