Helen Mirren Tells Off Group Promoting LGBT Festival
BY Neal Broverman
May 06 2013 3:44 PM ET
A group of drummers were treated to an unusual sight this weekend: Dame Helen Mirren running out of a West End theater, dressed as Queen Elizabeth II, screaming and reprimanding them.
The drummers were promoting the As One in the Park festival, a large-scale LGBT gathering this summer in London. The music they were making disrupted a performance of The Audience, which stars Mirren as Queen Elizabeth II. Incensed by the noise, Mirren shrieked, "Quiet! I'm trying to do a play in here! People have paid a lot of money for tickets."
The iconic actress apparently felt bad about her reaction, later telling The Telegraph: “I would love to track them down and invite them to see the play. I felt rotten but on the other hand they were destroying our performance so something had to be done."
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman
- Hot Sheet: They Are Risen
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Love Is Strange: A Love Story for Our Times
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Capitol Hill Staffers Blocked for Antitrans Wikipedia Edits