Helen Mirren Tells Off Group Promoting LGBT Festival
BY Neal Broverman
May 06 2013 2:44 PM ET
A group of drummers were treated to an unusual sight this weekend: Dame Helen Mirren running out of a West End theater, dressed as Queen Elizabeth II, screaming and reprimanding them.
The drummers were promoting the As One in the Park festival, a large-scale LGBT gathering this summer in London. The music they were making disrupted a performance of The Audience, which stars Mirren as Queen Elizabeth II. Incensed by the noise, Mirren shrieked, "Quiet! I'm trying to do a play in here! People have paid a lot of money for tickets."
The iconic actress apparently felt bad about her reaction, later telling The Telegraph: “I would love to track them down and invite them to see the play. I felt rotten but on the other hand they were destroying our performance so something had to be done."
- Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: My Father's Daughter 1 hour 24 min ago
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 2 hours 24 min ago
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex December 12 2013 7:22 PM
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study December 12 2013 6:35 PM
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians December 12 2013 6:08 PM