BY Brandon Voss
January 21 2011 12:00 PM ET
10. TV: Be Good Johnny Weir
Even before Johnny Weir officially came out as a gay man in his new memoir, Welcome to My World, Logo had already scooped up a second season of the Olympic figure skater’s documentary series. Gearing up for that summer premiere, which is currently filming, Logo will spotlight the soul beneath the sequins when it replays the nine-episode debut season — originally shown on the Sundance Channel — beginning January 25.
9. CD: Diva, Divo, Joyce DiDonato
On her latest album, which drops January 25, DiDonato is having a major Victor/Victoria moment. The celebrated mezzo-soprano proves herself a master storyteller while tackling arias typically sung by both women and men — her Romeo and Le Prince Charmant are highlights — from her favorite operatic adaptations of classics like Romeo and Juliet, Cinderella, and Faust by Bellini, Berlioz, Massenet, Mozart, Rossini, Strauss, and more.
8. DVD: Tea and Sympathy
Newly remastered and available from the Warner archives at WBShop.com along with other Vincente Minnelli classics The Cobweb, The Reluctant Debutante, and Two Weeks in Another Town, this 1956 adaptation of Robert Anderson’s controversial Broadway drama stars John Kerr as “sister boy” Tom, a bullied teen, and Deborah Kerr as the woman who comforts him. Tom’s prep school roommate and housemaster are also debatably closeted.
- Film God Loves Uganda Makes Oscar Doc Shortlist 18 min 43 sec ago
- Television WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' 24 min 15 sec ago
- Here To Inspire WATCH: Hot Naked Gay Men Jello Wrestling in Sexy, NSFW HIV Testing Ad 31 min 27 sec ago
- Film How Liz Taylor Tricked Reagan Into Talking About AIDS 47 min 21 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Utah's Marriage Ban Faces Court Challenge Today 1 hour 6 min ago
- Travel Discovering the Other Baja: La Paz 1 hour 45 min ago
- Politics Dick Cheney 'Suprised' By Mary's 'Attack' Following Sister Liz's Insult to Mary's Marriage 1 hour 52 min ago