BY Brandon Voss
September 23 2011 8:00 AM ET
7. FILM: Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell
Based on three years of interviews with hundreds of soldiers and veterans, both gay and straight, out writer-performer Marc Wolf reenacted conversations and personal anecdotes about "don’t ask, don’t tell" for his one-man, 18-character off-Broadway hit, Another American: Asking and Telling. Geared to the recent demise of the controversial policy, a new film adaptation of Wolf’s show is now available at SnagFilms.com.
6. TV: The Chew
Forget that it’s replacing All My Children and focus on the fact that ABC’s food-centric chat show, which premieres September 26, is bringing another gay man to daytime television: Fashion writer and What Not to Wear host Clinton Kelly (pictured) pulls up a chair to a table that includes Top Chef’s Carla Hall, nutritionist (and Dr. Oz’s daughter) Daphne Oz, and Iron Chef America heavyweights Mario Batali and Michael Symon.
5. TV: The Amazing Race
The teams on season 19 of the Emmy-winning reality competition, which premieres September 25 on CBS, will travel through four continents and 20 cities, making first-time pit stops in locales such as Indonesia, Malawi, Belgium, and Denmark. Competitors include Ron Zeitz and Bill Smith (pictured), 40-something flight attendants who have been partners for 13 years. We’ll also be tracking Las Vegas showgirls Lisa and Kaylani.
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys 14 min 28 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial 19 min 31 sec ago
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned 42 min 29 sec ago
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School 44 min 44 sec ago
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? 1 hour 46 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day 1 hour 50 min ago
- Books Lambda Literary Awards: Leavitt, Bianchi, Winterson Nominated 1 hour 58 min ago