BY Brandon Voss
September 23 2011 9:00 AM ET
7. FILM: Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell
Based on three years of interviews with hundreds of soldiers and veterans, both gay and straight, out writer-performer Marc Wolf reenacted conversations and personal anecdotes about "don’t ask, don’t tell" for his one-man, 18-character off-Broadway hit, Another American: Asking and Telling. Geared to the recent demise of the controversial policy, a new film adaptation of Wolf’s show is now available at SnagFilms.com.
6. TV: The Chew
Forget that it’s replacing All My Children and focus on the fact that ABC’s food-centric chat show, which premieres September 26, is bringing another gay man to daytime television: Fashion writer and What Not to Wear host Clinton Kelly (pictured) pulls up a chair to a table that includes Top Chef’s Carla Hall, nutritionist (and Dr. Oz’s daughter) Daphne Oz, and Iron Chef America heavyweights Mario Batali and Michael Symon.
5. TV: The Amazing Race
The teams on season 19 of the Emmy-winning reality competition, which premieres September 25 on CBS, will travel through four continents and 20 cities, making first-time pit stops in locales such as Indonesia, Malawi, Belgium, and Denmark. Competitors include Ron Zeitz and Bill Smith (pictured), 40-something flight attendants who have been partners for 13 years. We’ll also be tracking Las Vegas showgirls Lisa and Kaylani.
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- LISTEN: 19 Kids and Counting Star Records Transphobic Robocall
- 10 Mushy Moments With Brittney Griner And Glory Johnson