BY Brandon Voss
October 07 2011 3:10 PM ET
10. DVD: Bette Midler: The Showgirl Must Go On
and The Pee-wee Herman Show on Broadway
If Miss Otis regrets she was unable to catch it on HBO, the Divine Miss M’s most recent Caesars Palace show is now available on DVD alongside Paul Reubens, who revived his lovably maniacal man-child alter ego from the ’80s series Pee-wee’s Playhouse in a Broadway crowd-pleaser that was also taped for an HBO special in which Pee-wee gets postcards from flirty prison pen pals and Magic Screen makes jokes about gay marriage.
9. THEATER: Showgirls: In Drag!
Hitch a ride to L.A. and party like it’s 1995 at the Dragonfly Theatre, where The Big Gay Sketch Show’s Stephen Guarino directs a bedraggled homage to Paul Verhoeven’s Showgirls every Wednesday night. Willam Belli (pictured, left) stars as Nomi and Detox iCunt (right) stars as Crystal Connors in the parody, which is followed by an after-party hosted by all-drag punk band Transkunitental. For more info visit ShowgirlsInDrag.com.
8. TV: The A-List: Dallas
Yee-haw, honey! A Dallas edition of Logo’s controversial reality series, television’s gayest guilty pleasure, premieres October 10 after an A-List: New York reunion special. The new cast of saddle-burned, self-important socialites includes former rodeo star Levi Crocker, button-pushing conservative Republican Taylor Garrett, party boy James Doyle, gossip Phillip Willis, serial dater Chase Hutchison, and token straight girl Ashley Kelly.
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate