The Best Overlooked Films
BY Advocate Contributors
November 15 2011 4:00 AM ET
Beginners, directed by Mike Mills
A comedy-drama about the impact an elderly man’s decision to come out as gay has on his son’s personal life.
Circumstance, directed by Maryam Keshavarz
A suspenseful story of forbidden love between two Iranian girls.
Codependent Lesbian Space Alien Seeks Same, directed by Madeleine Olnek
A winking comedy that uses sci-fi metaphors in the story of a lonely lady wondering whether there is someone out there for her.
Private Romeo, directed by Alan Brown
Romeo and Juliet gets updated and transferred to an all-male military school, using Shakespeare’s original text.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- WATCH: Rep. Polis's Epic Blowup on House Floor Over Immigration
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- WATCH: Colo. Baker Who Refused Gay Wedding Cake Appears In Court
- New York Officials Demand Olympic Sponsors Take Action
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM
- Women WATCH: Nurse: 3D is the Epic Lesbian Exploitation Hospital Thriller of the Year! December 05 2013 6:54 PM
- No More Bullying WATCH: It Gets Better Speaks to Russian LGBT Youth December 05 2013 6:33 PM
- World News LGBT Rights Are 'Essential Part' of U.S. Foreign Policy, Says Susan Rice December 05 2013 6:15 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge Expected to Rule on Utah Marriage Ban Early Next Year December 05 2013 6:00 PM