The Best Overlooked Films
BY Advocate Contributors
November 15 2011 5:00 AM ET
Beginners, directed by Mike Mills
A comedy-drama about the impact an elderly man’s decision to come out as gay has on his son’s personal life.
Circumstance, directed by Maryam Keshavarz
A suspenseful story of forbidden love between two Iranian girls.
Codependent Lesbian Space Alien Seeks Same, directed by Madeleine Olnek
A winking comedy that uses sci-fi metaphors in the story of a lonely lady wondering whether there is someone out there for her.
Private Romeo, directed by Alan Brown
Romeo and Juliet gets updated and transferred to an all-male military school, using Shakespeare’s original text.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial
- Report: Couple Refuses Deal in Torture Case
- Op-ed: It Is Time to End Bottom-Shaming
- 20 Touching, Funny, and Silly Twitter Reactions to Tim Cook's Coming-Out
- WATCH: Meet the Gay Couple Who Challenged Singapore's Sodomy Ban