The Best Overlooked Films
BY Advocate Contributors
November 15 2011 5:00 AM ET
Beginners, directed by Mike Mills
A comedy-drama about the impact an elderly man’s decision to come out as gay has on his son’s personal life.
Circumstance, directed by Maryam Keshavarz
A suspenseful story of forbidden love between two Iranian girls.
Codependent Lesbian Space Alien Seeks Same, directed by Madeleine Olnek
A winking comedy that uses sci-fi metaphors in the story of a lonely lady wondering whether there is someone out there for her.
Private Romeo, directed by Alan Brown
Romeo and Juliet gets updated and transferred to an all-male military school, using Shakespeare’s original text.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More More Racist Than Antigay?
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star