The Best Overlooked Films
BY Advocate Contributors
November 15 2011 5:00 AM ET
Beginners, directed by Mike Mills
A comedy-drama about the impact an elderly man’s decision to come out as gay has on his son’s personal life.
Circumstance, directed by Maryam Keshavarz
A suspenseful story of forbidden love between two Iranian girls.
Codependent Lesbian Space Alien Seeks Same, directed by Madeleine Olnek
A winking comedy that uses sci-fi metaphors in the story of a lonely lady wondering whether there is someone out there for her.
Private Romeo, directed by Alan Brown
Romeo and Juliet gets updated and transferred to an all-male military school, using Shakespeare’s original text.
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Miley Cyrus Confirms: 'I'm Pansexual'
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- U.S. Marine Claims 'Trans Panic' in Murder of Trans Filipina Jennifer Laude
- Antigay Kentucky Clerk Makes Emergency Appeal to Supreme Court