Forty Under 40
BY Advocate Contributors
April 24 2012 12:56 AM ET
Tucky Williams • 26
Producer, Girl/Girl Scene
With over a million views, Tucky Williams has much to celebrate with her show, Girl/Girl Scene. In what she describes as a “Web television drama series,” Williams tells the story of lesbians living and loving in Louisville, Ky. Williams is the creator, executive producer, and writer, and she also plays the protagonist, Evan, in the series. “I wanted to show what my life was like as a young lesbian having fun,” Williams said. “All the characters really enjoy being gay.”
Williams is a role model for many young Girl/Girl Scene fans—90% of her fan mail consists of gracious letters thanking her for producing a relatable show, while the other 10% asks Williams’s advice on coming out.
The first season recently wrapped, and Williams is working on season 2 with new cast members and a new directing team. As far as what fans can expect, she simply says, “We are going to explore deeper, darker emotions. And we’re also going to have a lot more flashy, trashy fun.”
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- PHOTOS: Jesus Days
- 90,000-Plus and Counting: Petition to Cancel Duggars' Show Gains Momentum
- Lesbian Couple Worries Antigay Slur on Google Maps is a Hate Crime
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- Is Winnie the Pooh Transgender or Intersex?