Fergie: Labels and Love
BY Brandon Voss
November 10 2009 10:00 AM ET
OK, but what surprised me most about the incident was that it escalated after you confronted Perez about his negative coverage of you and your music on his blog. I was surprised you’d even care about one queen’s opinion.
Yeah, I did. Because when I see somebody I thought was my friend or starting to be my friend… [Sighs] When someone talks out of both sides of their mouth, it just makes me question their integrity.
Referring to Perez on the red carpet at your husband Josh Duhamel’s Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen premiere, your mother told a reporter that you “could’ve taken him out.” Do you agree?
[Laughs] Oh, my gosh. No comment on that.
Does Josh know he has a big gay following?
Oh, he knows, and he loves it. And I encourage it. I love his gay male fans because they have the same thoughts about him that I do.
How has your wedding earlier this year influenced your perspective on marriage equality?
I’m completely, 100% for gay marriage and equal rights. It’s crazy that everyone can’t get married. It’s unfair and ridiculous.
After you discussed past sexual experiences with women in an interview with The Sunin May, headlines everywhere read, “Fergie Admits She’s Bisexual!”
The funny thing is that I was very open and honest about that from the very beginning, and everyone was acting like it was some new trend. Go back four or five years, people, and you’ll see the same answer.
How did Josh handle the hoopla?
I’ve been very honest with him from the get-go. I think women are beautiful, I’ve had a lot of fun with women, and I’m not ashamed of it. The problem is that I also love a well-endowed man. But just because I enjoy women doesn’t mean I’m allowed to have affairs in my relationship. I learned through talking with my therapist that it is still cheating even if it’s with girls, so there is a rule there.
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married 1 hour 11 min ago
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling 2 hours 5 min ago
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' 2 hours 37 min ago
- Politics Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark 2 hours 46 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Baker 6:45 PM
- Travel What Airline Scored 100% on HRC's Corporate Equality Index? 6:44 PM
- Entertainment News The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards 6:03 PM