BY Jeremy Kinser
April 20 2012 6:42 PM ET
9. BOOK: Riding Fury Home
Chana Wilson's riveting memoir (Seal Press, $17) chronicles her difficult relationship with her suicidal mother, Gloria, who was also lesbian, and in the 1950s was sentenced to long periods in mental hospitals, undergoing electroshock treatments. Years later Gloria is able to repair her relationship with Chana, who is also coming of age as a lesbian feminist.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate