BY Jeremy Kinser
April 20 2012 6:42 PM ET
9. BOOK: Riding Fury Home
Chana Wilson's riveting memoir (Seal Press, $17) chronicles her difficult relationship with her suicidal mother, Gloria, who was also lesbian, and in the 1950s was sentenced to long periods in mental hospitals, undergoing electroshock treatments. Years later Gloria is able to repair her relationship with Chana, who is also coming of age as a lesbian feminist.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Why Does Vogue Think Bisexuality Is a Phase?