BY Jeremy Kinser
April 20 2012 6:42 PM ET
9. BOOK: Riding Fury Home
Chana Wilson's riveting memoir (Seal Press, $17) chronicles her difficult relationship with her suicidal mother, Gloria, who was also lesbian, and in the 1950s was sentenced to long periods in mental hospitals, undergoing electroshock treatments. Years later Gloria is able to repair her relationship with Chana, who is also coming of age as a lesbian feminist.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf