BY Jeremy Kinser
April 20 2012 6:42 PM ET
9. BOOK: Riding Fury Home
Chana Wilson's riveting memoir (Seal Press, $17) chronicles her difficult relationship with her suicidal mother, Gloria, who was also lesbian, and in the 1950s was sentenced to long periods in mental hospitals, undergoing electroshock treatments. Years later Gloria is able to repair her relationship with Chana, who is also coming of age as a lesbian feminist.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: CNN's Cooper, Lemon Explore Their Roots in Special Program