BY Jeremy Kinser
April 20 2012 6:42 PM ET
9. BOOK: Riding Fury Home
Chana Wilson's riveting memoir (Seal Press, $17) chronicles her difficult relationship with her suicidal mother, Gloria, who was also lesbian, and in the 1950s was sentenced to long periods in mental hospitals, undergoing electroshock treatments. Years later Gloria is able to repair her relationship with Chana, who is also coming of age as a lesbian feminist.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- The Films of the 26th Annual Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview