Hot Sheet: Do You Know the Way to San Diego?
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 09 2013 4:00 PM ET
2. FILM: Lovelace
You might not think that Lovelace, the film about the life and times of Deep Throat star Linda Lovelace (née Linda Boreman) would have much of an LGBT connection. But directors Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman seal the deal. Their earlier work (Academy Award-winning films The Times of Harvey Milk and Common Threads: Stories from the Quilt) certainly give this project all the gay cred needed. Then there is the cast of LGBT allies and favorites: Sharon Stone, Adam Brody, James Franco, Bobby Cannavale, Debi Mazar and Chloë Sevigny. Why, it's like a party of your best friends. Linda Boreman (played by Amanda Seyfried) was a controversial character in that some witnesses at the time cast doubt on her claims of coercion by abusive husband Chuck Traynor. Maybe this film will tell the more complex story. In theaters, VOD, and iTunes, today. For more check out their site.
- Women Op-ed: Remembering Mandela 2 min 11 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Family Institute Compares Marriage Equality to Junk Food 44 min 56 sec ago
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts UPDATED: 45 min 27 sec ago
- People Lady Gaga Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics 1 hour 6 min ago
- World News Two Gay Men Now Lead Luxembourg 1 hour 21 min ago
- World News Elton John's Weekend Concerts in Russia to Proceed 2 hours 5 min ago
- Entertainment News WATCH: Leslie Jordan 'Go Bold' With Models to Crash Super Bowl 10:42 AM