WATCH: Meet the Video Game Villains of Ultimate Gay Fighter
BY Patrick Yacco
January 02 2014 7:37 PM ET
The development team behind Ultimate Gay Fighter, which is billed as the "World's First Ever Gay Video Game ... Ever!" has released a second trailer, focusing on the game's more malevolent characters. The first teaser, released in November, introduced gaymers to fighting fashionistas, fierce drag queens, lethal lesbians, and devastating daddy bears.
Among those featured in the new reel are the conservative pundit-inspired Anne Paylin, Maxx 2.0, and Preach, who is modeled after Christian fundamentalists.
Also included in the clip is a "Sh*t Ultimate Gay Fighters Say," a humorous reel of the entire group's catchphrases. Some of the gems include Sappho Ethridge proclaiming, "Move in with me!" and fashionista Ford Jacobs yelling, "Taste my Birkin!"
The game, created by New York City-based designer Michael Patrick, was inspired by the lack of authentic LGBTQ characters in video games. It is both a parody of fighting games such as Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter and a "love letter" to Patrick's "gay family."
The product is scheduled for release across multiple platforms this month. Find more information at UltimateGayFighter.com, and watch the new trailer below.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality