Elton John Throws Hissy Fit Onstage in Las Vegas
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 14 2012 5:22 PM ET
The ever-so-fabulous singer of "The Bitch Is Back" showed off his famous temper over the weekend while onstage at Caesars Palace's Colosseum in Las Vegas, home to his Million Dollar Piano show. According to Norm Clark of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, 65-year-old John threw a tantrum, making " a watery mess onstage and tossing a stool while hinting that heads were going to roll. Stagehands had to repeatedly come out and mop up water from the stage after John intentionally splashed water from his container four times.
Clark quotes a "backstage spy" who says the Rocket Man was "angry at his management team" and that the next day someone was getting "[bleeping] fired."
The show reportedly started 20 minutes late and ended 25 minutes early, and it may have even been filmed for a concert video.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf