Elton John Throws Hissy Fit Onstage in Las Vegas
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 14 2012 5:22 PM ET
The ever-so-fabulous singer of "The Bitch Is Back" showed off his famous temper over the weekend while onstage at Caesars Palace's Colosseum in Las Vegas, home to his Million Dollar Piano show. According to Norm Clark of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, 65-year-old John threw a tantrum, making " a watery mess onstage and tossing a stool while hinting that heads were going to roll. Stagehands had to repeatedly come out and mop up water from the stage after John intentionally splashed water from his container four times.
Clark quotes a "backstage spy" who says the Rocket Man was "angry at his management team" and that the next day someone was getting "[bleeping] fired."
The show reportedly started 20 minutes late and ended 25 minutes early, and it may have even been filmed for a concert video.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Kentucky County Clerk Sued Over Denial of Marriage Licenses
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- The World Is Finally Ready For the Lost Recordings of '70s Gay Rockers Smokey
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Smacks Down States Resisting Marriage Equality