Elton John Throws Hissy Fit Onstage in Las Vegas
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 14 2012 5:22 PM ET
The ever-so-fabulous singer of "The Bitch Is Back" showed off his famous temper over the weekend while onstage at Caesars Palace's Colosseum in Las Vegas, home to his Million Dollar Piano show. According to Norm Clark of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, 65-year-old John threw a tantrum, making " a watery mess onstage and tossing a stool while hinting that heads were going to roll. Stagehands had to repeatedly come out and mop up water from the stage after John intentionally splashed water from his container four times.
Clark quotes a "backstage spy" who says the Rocket Man was "angry at his management team" and that the next day someone was getting "[bleeping] fired."
The show reportedly started 20 minutes late and ended 25 minutes early, and it may have even been filmed for a concert video.
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions March 09 2014 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open March 09 2014 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play March 09 2014 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' March 09 2014 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM