Elton John Throws Hissy Fit Onstage in Las Vegas
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 14 2012 5:22 PM ET
The ever-so-fabulous singer of "The Bitch Is Back" showed off his famous temper over the weekend while onstage at Caesars Palace's Colosseum in Las Vegas, home to his Million Dollar Piano show. According to Norm Clark of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, 65-year-old John threw a tantrum, making " a watery mess onstage and tossing a stool while hinting that heads were going to roll. Stagehands had to repeatedly come out and mop up water from the stage after John intentionally splashed water from his container four times.
Clark quotes a "backstage spy" who says the Rocket Man was "angry at his management team" and that the next day someone was getting "[bleeping] fired."
The show reportedly started 20 minutes late and ended 25 minutes early, and it may have even been filmed for a concert video.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs May 19 2013 6:02 PM
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy May 19 2013 5:59 PM
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech May 19 2013 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson May 19 2013 1:01 PM
- Comedy WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression May 19 2013 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? May 19 2013 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM