Chris Brown Says He Didn't Insult Frank Ocean, Has No Problem With Gay People
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 31 2012 7:00 PM ET UPDATED: July 31 2012 7:05 PM ET
Hip-hop star Chris Brown says the story that circulated about his diss of Frank Ocean last week was false and he encourages people to "love who u wanna love."
A story circulating online last Friday said that when Brown was asked his opinion of out singer Frank Ocean by paparrazzi, he replied with a homophobic remark, but Brown says the incident never happened. The original report of the incident, which was picked up by many news outlets including The Advocate, has since been removed by PRLog.
The report also claimed that Brown and Ocean have had run-ins in the past. The two men previously exchanged heated Twitter messages and Logo blog NewNowNext posted video of Brown sending relatives to chase Ocean's car in June 2011.
On Monday Brown used his Twitter account to set the record straight on his position on LGBT people, writing, "My Opinion on the whole Frank Ocean subject is ......... Love who u wanna love. It's ur decision. People stop searching for BS."
Earlier this month Ocean, whose critically acclaimed new album Channel Orange is also an unqualified hit, revealed that his first love was a man and since stated that being closeted was like having a "boulder on my chest."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs May 19 2013 6:02 PM
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy May 19 2013 5:59 PM
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech May 19 2013 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson May 19 2013 1:01 PM
- Comedy WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression May 19 2013 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? May 19 2013 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM