WATCH: Gays Guys Dance in Miasha's 'Everybody's Beautiful' Video
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
October 04 2012 12:13 PM ET
Miasha's smash hit single “Everybody’s Beautiful” now has a visual partner. Her new video, which debuted on ARTISTDirect.com this morning, matches the uplifting, tolerant theme of the song that has made it popular with LGBT fans. The video, directed by P.R. Brown (who has worked with Alicia Keys and Prince), features cameos of random New Yorkers (including at least one gay man) who Miasha met on the street and recorded dancing with her smartphone.
“People often feel vulnerable when they dance,” said Miasha. “But when people watch other people dance, they feel happy and they see beauty and honesty. I wanted to capture the diversity we have here every day and show how just by watching a stranger lose him or herself in the moment for a few seconds, we can feel that same beauty. We took a boom box to the Lower East Side, and with a tiny camera in hand, went up to 55 total strangers blasting the song, and asked them to ‘break it down.’ Of course, being in NYC, they all said yes!”
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'