Azealia Banks Sees Sales Rise in Wake of F Word Controversy
BY Trudy Ring
January 11 2013 7:10 PM ET
Bisexual rapper Azealia Banks’s feud with fellow performer Angel Haze and gay blogger Perez Hilton, who Banks called “a messy faggot” on Twitter, hasn’t hurt her music sales.
Banks’s EP 1991 posted an 18% gain in sales last week, with nearly 1,000 copies sold, Billboard reports. Her single “212” was downloaded 3,000 times in the same period, a 3% gain over the previous week. Haze also saw a rise in sales, but all her titles combined sold less than 1,000 copies.
- Commentary Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto 39 min 42 sec ago
- Film Why Television Is Outpacing Film in Diversity 2 hours 55 min ago
- Current Issue A Letter to My Partners 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis 5:00 AM
- Current Issue The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd 4:00 AM
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM