Azealia Banks Sees Sales Rise in Wake of F Word Controversy
BY Trudy Ring
January 11 2013 7:10 PM ET
Bisexual rapper Azealia Banks’s feud with fellow performer Angel Haze and gay blogger Perez Hilton, who Banks called “a messy faggot” on Twitter, hasn’t hurt her music sales.
Banks’s EP 1991 posted an 18% gain in sales last week, with nearly 1,000 copies sold, Billboard reports. Her single “212” was downloaded 3,000 times in the same period, a 3% gain over the previous week. Haze also saw a rise in sales, but all her titles combined sold less than 1,000 copies.
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses