Azealia Banks Sees Sales Rise in Wake of F Word Controversy
BY Trudy Ring
January 11 2013 7:10 PM ET
Bisexual rapper Azealia Banks’s feud with fellow performer Angel Haze and gay blogger Perez Hilton, who Banks called “a messy faggot” on Twitter, hasn’t hurt her music sales.
Banks’s EP 1991 posted an 18% gain in sales last week, with nearly 1,000 copies sold, Billboard reports. Her single “212” was downloaded 3,000 times in the same period, a 3% gain over the previous week. Haze also saw a rise in sales, but all her titles combined sold less than 1,000 copies.
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- Mike Pence 'Abhors' Discrimination? His Record Shows Otherwise
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arkansas Governor Won't Sign Bill — Yet
- Nevada Becomes 6th State to Introduce Transphobic Legislation This Year
- Frankie Grande: Smoking 'Ain't Cute,' Guys