Azealia Banks Sees Sales Rise in Wake of F Word Controversy
BY Trudy Ring
January 11 2013 7:10 PM ET
Bisexual rapper Azealia Banks’s feud with fellow performer Angel Haze and gay blogger Perez Hilton, who Banks called “a messy faggot” on Twitter, hasn’t hurt her music sales.
Banks’s EP 1991 posted an 18% gain in sales last week, with nearly 1,000 copies sold, Billboard reports. Her single “212” was downloaded 3,000 times in the same period, a 3% gain over the previous week. Haze also saw a rise in sales, but all her titles combined sold less than 1,000 copies.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Hilarious Take on This Week's Supreme Court Arguments
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'