WATCH: Gay, Straight Couples Pledge 'Same Love' at Grammys
BY Trudy Ring
January 27 2014 1:22 AM ET
Thirty-three couples, same-sex and opposite, were married Sunday night at the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles.
“It is my distinct honor to ask our participants to exchange rings and signal their commitment to each other,” said officiant Queen Latifah as the couples exchanged vows and Best New Artist Macklemore performed his marriage equality anthem “Same Love,” with contributions from Mary Lambert, and Madonna sang “Open Your Heart.”
See photos and video from the moment below:
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut