WATCH: Gay, Straight Couples Pledge 'Same Love' at Grammys
BY Trudy Ring
January 27 2014 1:22 AM ET
Thirty-three couples, same-sex and opposite, were married Sunday night at the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles.
“It is my distinct honor to ask our participants to exchange rings and signal their commitment to each other,” said officiant Queen Latifah as the couples exchanged vows and Best New Artist Macklemore performed his marriage equality anthem “Same Love,” with contributions from Mary Lambert, and Madonna sang “Open Your Heart.”
See photos and video from the moment below:
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict in Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- 10 Mushy Moments With Brittney Griner And Glory Johnson
- Comedian's Billboard Taunts Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka
- Federal Judge Rules Indiana Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages