WATCH: Gay, Straight Couples Pledge 'Same Love' at Grammys
BY Trudy Ring
January 27 2014 1:22 AM ET
Thirty-three couples, same-sex and opposite, were married Sunday night at the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles.
“It is my distinct honor to ask our participants to exchange rings and signal their commitment to each other,” said officiant Queen Latifah as the couples exchanged vows and Best New Artist Macklemore performed his marriage equality anthem “Same Love,” with contributions from Mary Lambert, and Madonna sang “Open Your Heart.”
See photos and video from the moment below:
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- PHOTOS: Pride for Days In San Francisco
- Texas Pastor Now Says He Didn't Mean He'd Really Set Himself Aflame
- Will Marriage Equality Cause a Spike in Homeless LGBT Youth?