WATCH: Gay, Straight Couples Pledge 'Same Love' at Grammys
BY Trudy Ring
January 27 2014 1:22 AM ET
Thirty-three couples, same-sex and opposite, were married Sunday night at the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles.
“It is my distinct honor to ask our participants to exchange rings and signal their commitment to each other,” said officiant Queen Latifah as the couples exchanged vows and Best New Artist Macklemore performed his marriage equality anthem “Same Love,” with contributions from Mary Lambert, and Madonna sang “Open Your Heart.”
See photos and video from the moment below:
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 12 Celebrities Who Lovingly Embrace Their LGBT Children
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'