WATCH: Gay, Straight Couples Pledge 'Same Love' at Grammys
BY Trudy Ring
January 27 2014 1:22 AM ET
Thirty-three couples, same-sex and opposite, were married Sunday night at the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles.
“It is my distinct honor to ask our participants to exchange rings and signal their commitment to each other,” said officiant Queen Latifah as the couples exchanged vows and Best New Artist Macklemore performed his marriage equality anthem “Same Love,” with contributions from Mary Lambert, and Madonna sang “Open Your Heart.”
See photos and video from the moment below:
- Where in the World Are The Happiest Gay Men?
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Interception: Clemson Football Coach Withdraws From Antigay Fundraiser
- REPORT: Bisexuals Face Biphobia at Doctor's Office, LGBT Groups
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- Tenn. Pastor Accused of Gay Tryst Now Charged With Lifting From Church