PHOTOS: White Party 2012 in Review
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 10 2012 2:00 AM ET
More than 30,000 people descended upon Palm Springs to make Jeffrey Sanker's annual White Party weekend in Palm Springs the best attended yet.
"The strong roster of DJs and talent, ranging from Australian spin-masters Nervo to Mary J. Blige, who worked the crowd into a frenzy on Saturday night at the Convention Center, along with our Sunday choreographed fireworks tribute to Whitney Houston and a show-stopping performance from X Factor winner Melanie Amaro left memories for years to come," Sanker said in a statement.
The White Party has been recognized by the Palm Springs Bureau of Tourism as among the city’s highest tourism revenue-generating events annually, bringing in more than $1 million in occupancy taxes alone. Next year's White Party will take place March 29 through April 1. For more information, go to JeffreySanker.com.
- WATCH: CIA Contractor Details Antigay Harassment by Colleagues in War Zone
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Brokeback Mountain: The 10th Anniversary of a Gay Classic
- World Record Bodybuilder Comes Out as Trans
- Members of Congress to Antigay Nations' Diplomats: Leave Your Spouse Home
- 10 Things People Living With HIV Are Sick of Hearing