PHOTOS: Stars Reveal Skin, Favorite Scary Movies at Halloweenie
BY Daniel Reynolds
October 31 2013 2:15 PM ET
Fred and Jason's Annual Halloweenie is a "spook"-tacular that draws one of the year's hottest costumed crowds in support of the Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles. This year's party, the eighth annual event, was held in the downtown Los Angeles Theatre and drew a host of celebrities (and many drag Miley Cyruses) in support of the chorus's Alive Music Project, which works to stop bullying by bringing music education to L.A. public schools.
In the spirit of the evening, The Advocate spoke with Lindsey Shaw, Newlyweds: The First Year's Jeff Pedersen and Blair Late, Peter Marc Jacobson, Lance Bass, and more, to find out their favorite scary movies. Don't miss their responses as well as the many "sin"-tillating costumes of the party's attendees on the following pages.
Lance Bass and fiancé Michael Turchin, in costume as Wayne and Garth from Wayne's World, both choose The Shining as their ultimate horror flick. "It's hard to make [genuinely] scary movies anymore, but they did it right," Bass says of the 1980 Stanley Kubrick film, starring Jack Nicholson. "My mother made me watch it when I was 10 years old," adds Turchin. "It stuck with me." Their creative costumes were chosen by listeners of Bass's radio program, Dirty Pop With Lance Bass, on Sirius XM.
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel