Seeks New Gayby
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
July 08 2011 3:50 PM ET
Gayby alert! Modern Family, the hit ABC drama with America’s favorite gay family — Mitchell, Cameron, and Baby Lily for you non-MoFams — may be on the lookout for a new tyke to fill Lily’s very pampered booties. The role is currently played by twins Ella and Jaden Hiller, who trade off playing the adopted Vietnamese-American infant.
So far the Hillers’ biggest moments have been modeling a Diana Ross wig in one episode and being held aloft in the spotlight by one of her screen dads, Cameron (played by Eric Stonestreet, pictured), while The Lion King’s “Circle of Life” plays.
Now ABC is spreading the word that it’s looking for an “Asian, 3-to 4-year-old,” according to Entertainment Weekly. “We adore Jaden and Ella, but have started to think that they’d rather be at home playing than working as actors,” executive producer Steve Levitan told EW. “If we end up making a change, it’s only because we want what’s best for them.”
In other words, it’s time for Baby Lily to become toddler Lily and start spouting cute lines a la the Olsen twins of Full House. Levitan told reporters in May that the Hillers may not be doing “what they love” at this point. “Maybe they don’t love to be on a set and have to listen to us do a scene 10 times,” he said. “Maybe they would be happier being kids. We don’t want them to be unhappy. If we feel it’s not in their best interest to stay, we will replace them, and ask that people forgive us for doing so.”
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM