Anderson Cooper and Kristin Chenoweth on His Coming Out
BY Michelle Garcia
September 11 2012 4:39 PM ET
Anderson Live had its season premiere Monday, with Kristin Chenoweth as the first guest. Naturally, his mid-summer coming out became a topic of discussion when gay ally and actress Chenoweth made the remark that they both had eventful summers, during the show's hiatus after its first season.
At first Cooper admitted to feeling nervous and blushing. But then he explained why it was time that he came out.
"It just got to the point where I’ve been torn for a long time between a desire as a reporter to just do my job and be known as a reporter and, at the same time, I do think visibility is important," he said. "I do think that the tide of history only moves forward when everyone is fully visible ... I didn’t want to send a message that there was anything I was ashamed about or unhappy about or not comfortable with."
Watch the full video below:
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- 10 Snarky Quotes That Will Make You Miss Michael Kors on Project Runway
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Op-ed: Immigration Goes Beyond Documentation
- Travel PHOTOS: Happy Gay People on Beaches 13 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Behold! Tina Fey & Amy Poehler Are Back in First Golden Globes Promo 40 min 51 sec ago
- Entertainment News Carmen Carrera & Her Victoria's Secret Dream 1 hour 37 min ago
- Politics India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban 2 hours 12 min ago
- Media Edie Windsor is No. 3 on Time's Person of Year Shortlist 2 hours 58 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Immigration Goes Beyond Documentation 7:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: The Many Faces of LGBT Family 6:00 AM