Anderson Cooper and Kristin Chenoweth on His Coming Out
BY Michelle Garcia
September 11 2012 5:39 PM ET
Anderson Live had its season premiere Monday, with Kristin Chenoweth as the first guest. Naturally, his mid-summer coming out became a topic of discussion when gay ally and actress Chenoweth made the remark that they both had eventful summers, during the show's hiatus after its first season.
At first Cooper admitted to feeling nervous and blushing. But then he explained why it was time that he came out.
"It just got to the point where I’ve been torn for a long time between a desire as a reporter to just do my job and be known as a reporter and, at the same time, I do think visibility is important," he said. "I do think that the tide of history only moves forward when everyone is fully visible ... I didn’t want to send a message that there was anything I was ashamed about or unhappy about or not comfortable with."
Watch the full video below:
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels 1 hour 40 sec ago
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' 1 hour 29 min ago
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student 1 hour 57 min ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship 2 hours 7 min ago
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked 2 hours 23 min ago
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition 2 hours 55 min ago
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder 6:27 PM