Ben Affleck Congratulates Sam Champion on Engagement Announcement
BY Michelle Garcia
October 09 2012 1:46 PM ET
Actor and director Ben Affleck appeared on Good Morning America Monday to promote his new film, Argo, but also congratulated the show's weather anchor, Sam Champion, on his recent engagement to his partner, Rubem Robierb.
“Oh, I want to congratulate Sam on his upcoming nuptials,” Affleck said. “It’s to our shame that you can’t get married in every state in the union, but one day I hope you will be able to. It’s very exciting, though. I was very inspired. Moving love story."
Champion and Robierb announced their engagement in a New York Times article covering the wedding of MSNBC's Thomas Roberts and his husband, Patrick Abner. Champion told the Times that he and Robierb would have a legal ceremony in New York and then a formal celebration on New Year's Eve in Miami.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Current Issue The South's Longer Wait for Equality 22 min 54 sec ago
- Current Issue Editor's Letter: Why One Couple's Story Should Worry You 22 min 54 sec ago
- Current Issue The Small Southwestern Town That Went Rogue 22 min 54 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs May 19 2013 6:02 PM
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy May 19 2013 5:59 PM
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech May 19 2013 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson May 19 2013 1:01 PM