Ben Affleck Congratulates Sam Champion on Engagement Announcement
BY Michelle Garcia
October 09 2012 1:46 PM ET
Actor and director Ben Affleck appeared on Good Morning America Monday to promote his new film, Argo, but also congratulated the show's weather anchor, Sam Champion, on his recent engagement to his partner, Rubem Robierb.
“Oh, I want to congratulate Sam on his upcoming nuptials,” Affleck said. “It’s to our shame that you can’t get married in every state in the union, but one day I hope you will be able to. It’s very exciting, though. I was very inspired. Moving love story."
Champion and Robierb announced their engagement in a New York Times article covering the wedding of MSNBC's Thomas Roberts and his husband, Patrick Abner. Champion told the Times that he and Robierb would have a legal ceremony in New York and then a formal celebration on New Year's Eve in Miami.
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia
- 7 Brave Campuses for LGBT Students in the South
- Op-ed: HIV Is No Longer A Death Sentence But It Still Isn't Easy
- WATCH: Which State's Marriage Equality Proposal Will Make SCOTUS Say 'I Do?'