Remembering Sahara: RuPaul and Drag Racers Share Memories
BY Daniel Reynolds
October 22 2012 4:00 AM ET
Manila is a very dear friend of mine, and Sahara’s other half. And I didn’t get to know Sahara much. But the times I’ve got to know her, she’s been nothing but the most beautiful human being, and it’s devastating. I know that she’s looking down on Manila. She’s lived a full life — it should have been longer. Especially someone so young, it doesn’t seem right. I am a mother, and when I think about my children.… Antoine is somebody’s child. A child should never die before a parent, so it breaks my heart. But I’m grateful that the world got to know Sahara.
— Michelle Visage
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Bruce Jenner Ends Speculation, Comes Out as Transgender Woman
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend
- AIDS Org. Made Men Over 40 Pay to Attend Pool Party