Remembering Sahara: RuPaul and Drag Racers Share Memories
BY Daniel Reynolds
October 22 2012 4:00 AM ET
Manila is a very dear friend of mine, and Sahara’s other half. And I didn’t get to know Sahara much. But the times I’ve got to know her, she’s been nothing but the most beautiful human being, and it’s devastating. I know that she’s looking down on Manila. She’s lived a full life — it should have been longer. Especially someone so young, it doesn’t seem right. I am a mother, and when I think about my children.… Antoine is somebody’s child. A child should never die before a parent, so it breaks my heart. But I’m grateful that the world got to know Sahara.
— Michelle Visage
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'
- WATCH: Carmen Carrera and Geena Rocero Want You to Be 'Gender Proud'