Joy Behar Quits The View
BY Jase Peeples
March 08 2013 4:37 PM ET
After 16 years of co-hosting The View, Joy Behar has announced this season of the daytime talk show be her last.
“It seemed like the right time. You reach a point when you say to yourself, ‘Do I want to keep doing this?’” Behar told Deadline. “There are other things on my plate I want to do — I’ve been writing a play, I’ve been neglecting my standup.”
The 70-year-old comedian appears to be parting ways with ABC on good terms, with the studio releasing a statement on Thursday wishing Behar “all the best in this next chapter” and they “are thrilled that we have her for the remainder of the season.”
In addition to The View, Behar now hosts Joy Behar: Say Anything! on Current TV and previously hosted The Joy Behar Show on HLN from 2009 until 2011.
Deadline also reports rumors have circulated that Behar could be working on a new show for CNN in the near future.
When Behar accepted the GLAAD Award for Excellence in Media in 2010, she kidded that she appreciated the award more than an Oscar. "I totally meant it," she told The Advocate in a magazine interview. "First of all, the chances of my getting an Oscar are zero or less. But if I were up for an Oscar, I’d prefer the GLAAD Award because it meant to me that I actually made a difference in someone’s life."
- Women Ms. Fit: A Lesbian-Friendly, Feminist Fitness Mag for All Women 8 min 43 sec ago
- Women Who Was Broadway Producer and Lesbian Cheryl Crawford? 14 min 18 sec ago
- Transgender How the Pacific Justice Institute Plans to Keep Demonizing Trans Kids 25 min 4 sec ago
- World News Russia's High Court: 'Gay Propaganda' Ban Is Constitutional 34 min 3 sec ago
- Entertainment News GBF's Michael J Willett Stripped Down to Cover of Natasha Bedingfield 37 min 22 sec ago
- Media Tumblr's Top LGBTQ Posts of Year Include Lots of GIFs, Neil Patrick Harris 39 min 21 sec ago
- Film God Loves Uganda Makes Oscar Doc Shortlist 1 hour 7 min ago