Jesse Tyler Ferguson Joins Hot in Cleveland for Mary Tyler Moore Reunion
BY Jase Peeples
March 25 2013 4:10 PM ET
Many LGBT fans were thrilled when news broke that Mary Tyler Moore, Valerie Harper, and Cloris Leachman, would be joining Betty White and Georgia Engel for special Marry Tyler Moore Show reunion episode of Hot in Cleveland. Now we’ve learned that the episode will be getting another fabulous cast addition as well.
According to TVLine:
[Jesse Tyler Ferguson] has been cast in the TVLand comedy’s upcoming Mary Tyler Moore Show reunion episode as a world-renowned, avant garde director with whom Wendie Malick’s Victoria would kill to work. The only catch? Ferguson’s eccentric, esoteric character — who speaks in intellectual terms about obscure movies — decides that it’s a different Cleveland resident who’s got a face the cameras would love.
The addition of Ferguson to the long list of LGBT icons already slated for the reunion means the upcoming episode will undoubtedly be one of the gayest moments in television history. However, knowing is will be one of Harper’s final appearances, as she recently announced her doctors have only given her three months to live because she is suffering from terminal brain cancer, will also make it one of the most heartbreaking as well.
Hot in Cleveland is scheduled to return to TVLand for Season 4 in June with the Mary Tyler Moore Show reunion episode currently set to air sometime in August.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV (Video)
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- WATCH: Student Defies Russia's Propaganda Ban With Hozier's 'Take Me to Church'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- The Best Drag Take on Madonna Is By a Woman