'Glee' Renewed for Two More Seasons
BY Jase Peeples
April 20 2013 11:04 AM ET
According to The Wrap, Fox has just announced some news to gleek out about. The network has picked up the popular musical series Glee for another two seasons.
“Glee debuted as the first and only successful musical comedy series on television, and more than four years later, it continues to defy genres, break new ground and have a significant impact on popular culture,” said Fox Broadcasting Company's entertainment chairman in a statement. “Week in and week out, Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk, Ian Brennan, Dante Di Loreto and the entire Glee team deliver a series that not only delights and surprises fans, but also inspires them to talk about, share, debate and engage with the show – and I’m absolutely thrilled to have them on board for another two seasons.”
In the four years since Glee debuted, the show has set a new standard for LGBT visibility on television. Characters from across the entire spectrum of the LGBT community are represented in the series and issues such as bullying, coming out, and gender identity are among the topics the show has successfully tackled in the past.
“Glee has been a signature series for the studio since its launch four years ago and we couldn’t be happier that Fox has ordered two more seasons,” said Twentieth Century Fox Television chairmen Dana Walden and Gary Newman jointly. “Ryan, Brad, Ian and Dante have created something that is far larger than a television show; it’s a global entertainment brand which continues to touch millions around the world. From its chart-topping musical numbers to its inventive storytelling and rich, complex characters, Glee rewrote the rules of what network television could be, and we are enormously proud to be the studio behind it.”
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride 1 hour 29 min ago
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys 1 hour 55 min ago
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial 2 hours 7 sec ago
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned 2 hours 23 min ago
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School 2 hours 25 min ago
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? 5:53 PM
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day 5:49 PM