Moises Kaufman, Musicologist?
BY Robert Hilferty
March 03 2009 12:00 AM ET
Did she know much about Beethoven before taking on this
No. But she's now writing a book about the process of aging and
she's focusing on Beethoven.
Which reminds me: Both Ludwig and Katherine are in various
states of decay while pursuing their obsessions -- your
parallel seems deliberate.
I wanted to explore what happens to you when you're left with
very little, and how that focuses or un-focuses you.
What do you want people to come away with?
To see that the nature of desire and the nature of obsession
are very mysterious. But perhaps more important, the
possibility of glimpsing into another human being's
obsession may prove to be the source of great truth.
Were you obsessed writing this play?
I spent five years of my life doing it. What do you think?
I bet you're writing a screenplay now.
As we speak.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View