Moises Kaufman, Musicologist?
BY Robert Hilferty
March 03 2009 1:00 AM ET
Did she know much about Beethoven before taking on this
No. But she's now writing a book about the process of aging and
she's focusing on Beethoven.
Which reminds me: Both Ludwig and Katherine are in various
states of decay while pursuing their obsessions -- your
parallel seems deliberate.
I wanted to explore what happens to you when you're left with
very little, and how that focuses or un-focuses you.
What do you want people to come away with?
To see that the nature of desire and the nature of obsession
are very mysterious. But perhaps more important, the
possibility of glimpsing into another human being's
obsession may prove to be the source of great truth.
Were you obsessed writing this play?
I spent five years of my life doing it. What do you think?
I bet you're writing a screenplay now.
As we speak.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Many Positive Reactions to TIm Cook's Coming-Out — and One Truly Horrid One
- Op-ed: It Is Time to End Bottom-Shaming
- WATCH: Meet the Gay Couple Who Challenged Singapore's Sodomy Ban
- Indian Woman Uses Spycam to Have Husband Arrested for Gay Sex
- Report: Couple Refuses Deal in Torture Case