Moises Kaufman, Musicologist?
BY Robert Hilferty
March 03 2009 12:00 AM ET
Did she know much about Beethoven before taking on this
No. But she's now writing a book about the process of aging and
she's focusing on Beethoven.
Which reminds me: Both Ludwig and Katherine are in various
states of decay while pursuing their obsessions -- your
parallel seems deliberate.
I wanted to explore what happens to you when you're left with
very little, and how that focuses or un-focuses you.
What do you want people to come away with?
To see that the nature of desire and the nature of obsession
are very mysterious. But perhaps more important, the
possibility of glimpsing into another human being's
obsession may prove to be the source of great truth.
Were you obsessed writing this play?
I spent five years of my life doing it. What do you think?
I bet you're writing a screenplay now.
As we speak.
- Women 9 Inspiring Women Backing LGBT Rights Around The World 13 min 42 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: Can I Get HIV if I’m a Top? 31 min 46 sec ago
- Media How to Get a Job With Nate Silver 2 hours 4 min ago
- Parenting What's in My Dad Bag? 7:00 AM
- Politics Timeline: When Executive Orders Came First? 6:00 AM
- Current Issue One Issue Still Bucks The Trend for LGBT Equality 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: 'License to Discriminate' Bills Will Keep Coming 4:00 AM