Broadway Baby Bares All
BY John Carroll
July 02 2012 6:02 PM ET
That evening, we raised a record-breaking $1,254,176.
Oh, and just in case you thought I was getting used to the star treatment:
I woke up the next day to the sound of birds singing and had a spring in my step. I felt like the sun was shining just for me. Later that same day, when I was hanging out with a friend, he introduced me to someone who was in the audience the night before. "This is John, he played Prince Charming in the finale." Now, I'm thinking that since in my scene, there were only two people onstage, two people who were speaking to each other through microphones that amplify sound, and I was the one who had just risen like a phoenix through a trap door dressed in a whorish version of royalty that I might be memorable. No, not so much. Instead, what I got from this man was the blankest stare I have ever seen on a human being. So much so, I literally waved my hand in front of his face to see if he would blink and made the sound effect of crickets chirping. Finally, he broke his rigor mortis-like freeze and said, "Were you were in the show? Sorry, I don’t remember you."
Ah yes, humble pie is a dish best served cold.
For more information go to TheJohnCarroll.com
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Marriage Equality Supporter Featured in Mormon Anti-Marriage Equality Post
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality