Adam Shankman to Helm Hair at Hollywood Bowl
BY Brandon Voss
March 12 2014 1:36 PM ET
Out Emmy nominee Adam Shankman has been tapped to direct and choreograph the Hollywood Bowl's summer staging of Hair, Playbill reports.
The Tony Award-winning 1967 "American tribal love-rock musical" by Galt MacDermot, Gerome Ragni, and James Rado centers on Vietnam War draftee Claude, the apex of a bisexual love triangle within a bohemian tribe. Songs include "Good Morning Starshine," Aquarius," and "Sodomy."
Hair will be presented August 1–3 at the historic Los Angeles venue. Casting will be announced at a later date.
Shankman directed and choreographed Prop 8: The Musical and the film adaptations of Hairspray and Rock of Ages. He has also directed episodes of Glee and Modern Family.
The So You Think You Can Dance judge received Outfest's 2011 Visionary Award "in recognition of his contribution to LGBT arts and media visibility."
For more information and tickets to the 2014 Hollywood Bowl season, on sale beginning May 4, visit HollywoodBowl.com.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- WATCH: Texas B&B Boots Gay Couple, Gets Banned From Airbnb
- WATCH: The 8 Most Hateful Things Texas Lawmakers Said Monday
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Marriage Equality Could Worsen Bisexual Erasure