Hedwig's Neil Patrick Harris Immortalized in Ink
BY Brandon Voss
May 07 2014 1:49 PM ET
Guess we're not the only ones drawn to Neil Patrick Harris.
Fallin, a noted Wall Street Journal illustrator who also creates the poster art for Forbidden Broadway, continues in the artistic tradition of legendary Broadway caricaturist Al Hirschfeld.
The musical Hedwig and the Angry Inch opened April 22 at Broadway's Belasco Theatre with Harris, a recent Out cover boy, starring as Hedwig, a fictional East German rock singer and "slip of a girly boy" living as a female after botched gender-reassignment surgery. See Hedwig production photos here.
Check out more of Fallin's Playbill.com stage portraits of this season's LGBT-inclusive Broadway shows, including Mothers and Sons and The Glass Menagerie, on the next page.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- WATCH: 7-Year-Old Waves Pride Flag in Face of Homophobic Rant, Wins Internet
- WATCH: Courtney Act Makes A Straight Man Reconsider in 'Ugly'