Snow White and the Seven Bottoms Will Take Bite of Big Apple
BY Brandon Voss
August 22 2014 11:20 AM ET
Which spoof is the funniest of them all?
The Gold Dust Orphans, a Boston-based theatrical troupe known for queer pop culture parodies like Mildred Fierce, will present Ryan Landry's Snow White and the Seven Bottoms off-Broadway this fall.
Directed by James P. Byrne, the musical comedy will begin performances September 19 and run through October 26 at Theatre 80 following Boston and Provincetown engagements.
According to press notes about the production, the adult parody of the animated Disney classic "will make all your fairy tale dreams come true with this musical adventure set in uncircumcised Germany!"
Led by Landry as the Evil Queen and drag legend Varla Jean Merman in the unexpected role of Prince Charming, the cast includes Jessica Barstis as Snow White, Olive Another as the Magic Mirror, and Scott Martino as the Footman.
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'