Jon Stewart Feels the Up and Down of Obama and North Carolina
BY Lucas Grindley
May 10 2012 3:20 PM ET
Comedian Jon Stewart channeled the frustration LGBT people felt Wednesday when learning that President Obama had come out for marriage equality but that North Carolina had banned it.
"Congratulations, North Carolina, because for a moment I was feeling a brief glimpse of what I guess doctors would call happiness," he said on The Daily Show.
He then ripped up the logic that North Carolinians invoked when voting against same-sex marriage.
"You know what, though? Actually, that is a step towards equality since many opposite-sex couples will now enjoy the same lack of rights same-sex couples have always never had."
Watch the complete video below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain June 18 2013 9:44 PM
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos June 18 2013 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland June 18 2013 6:24 PM
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' June 18 2013 6:06 PM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator June 18 2013 6:00 PM
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins June 18 2013 5:44 PM