Jon Stewart Feels the Up and Down of Obama and North Carolina
BY Lucas Grindley
May 10 2012 2:20 PM ET
Comedian Jon Stewart channeled the frustration LGBT people felt Wednesday when learning that President Obama had come out for marriage equality but that North Carolina had banned it.
"Congratulations, North Carolina, because for a moment I was feeling a brief glimpse of what I guess doctors would call happiness," he said on The Daily Show.
He then ripped up the logic that North Carolinians invoked when voting against same-sex marriage.
"You know what, though? Actually, that is a step towards equality since many opposite-sex couples will now enjoy the same lack of rights same-sex couples have always never had."
Watch the complete video below.
- Year in Review The Advocate's Person of the Year: 'Idiotic' or 'Important?' 2 hours 30 min ago
- Women Kim Basinger is Sleek and Sexy in Pin-Striped Men's Suit December 18 2013 9:50 PM
- Women Op-ed: The Right's War on Christmas - The 2013 Edition! December 18 2013 9:06 PM
- Entertainment News Ian McKellen Surprised Hobbit Fans At Desolation of Smaug Screening December 18 2013 7:07 PM
- Travel Sia Wants You to Help the Street Animals of India December 18 2013 5:23 PM
- Media BBC to Air Buffy The Vampire Slayer Retrospective December 18 2013 4:54 PM
- Women WATCH: Julia Roberts Is the Caboose in an Ellen DeGeneres Conga Line! December 18 2013 4:49 PM