Jon Stewart Feels the Up and Down of Obama and North Carolina
BY Lucas Grindley
May 10 2012 3:20 PM ET
Comedian Jon Stewart channeled the frustration LGBT people felt Wednesday when learning that President Obama had come out for marriage equality but that North Carolina had banned it.
"Congratulations, North Carolina, because for a moment I was feeling a brief glimpse of what I guess doctors would call happiness," he said on The Daily Show.
He then ripped up the logic that North Carolinians invoked when voting against same-sex marriage.
"You know what, though? Actually, that is a step towards equality since many opposite-sex couples will now enjoy the same lack of rights same-sex couples have always never had."
Watch the complete video below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass-Wedding First in Maryland 14 min 54 sec ago
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' 33 min 10 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator 39 min 47 sec ago
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 54 min 58 sec ago
- Entertainment News Need to Know: Alabama’s All-Male Cheerleading Squad 1 hour 5 min ago
- Sports National Gay & Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame’s First Class Announced 1 hour 33 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Did Chris Colfer Get Arrested? 1 hour 39 min ago