Jon Stewart Feels the Up and Down of Obama and North Carolina
BY Lucas Grindley
May 10 2012 3:20 PM ET
Comedian Jon Stewart channeled the frustration LGBT people felt Wednesday when learning that President Obama had come out for marriage equality but that North Carolina had banned it.
"Congratulations, North Carolina, because for a moment I was feeling a brief glimpse of what I guess doctors would call happiness," he said on The Daily Show.
He then ripped up the logic that North Carolinians invoked when voting against same-sex marriage.
"You know what, though? Actually, that is a step towards equality since many opposite-sex couples will now enjoy the same lack of rights same-sex couples have always never had."
Watch the complete video below.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'