Jon Stewart Feels the Up and Down of Obama and North Carolina
BY Lucas Grindley
May 10 2012 2:20 PM ET
Comedian Jon Stewart channeled the frustration LGBT people felt Wednesday when learning that President Obama had come out for marriage equality but that North Carolina had banned it.
"Congratulations, North Carolina, because for a moment I was feeling a brief glimpse of what I guess doctors would call happiness," he said on The Daily Show.
He then ripped up the logic that North Carolinians invoked when voting against same-sex marriage.
"You know what, though? Actually, that is a step towards equality since many opposite-sex couples will now enjoy the same lack of rights same-sex couples have always never had."
Watch the complete video below.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'
- California Judges Barred From Joining Boy Scouts, Other Antigay Youth Groups
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples