WATCH: Stephen Colbert on The Loss of Mozilla's Brendan Eich
BY Lucas Grindley
April 10 2014 11:27 AM ET
Bill Maher joked (sort of) that it was the "gay mafia" that did in former Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich. Andrew Sullivan says it was the LGBT movement run amuck.
Sullivan told Stephen Colbert on Wednesday that Eich's opposition to marriage equality was "a political view." Rather than explain his views, Eich resigned in face of outrage over his donation to passage of Proposition 8. Sullivan warned, "You don't want to bring this kind of political warfare into the workplace."
He is one of a contingent of LGBT voices who say the CEO's ouster by grassroots LGBT activists was overreach.
Watch the Colbert interview below, followed by his "report" on what happened.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Op-ed: How Tom Saved Finland
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'