WATCH: Stephen Colbert on The Loss of Mozilla's Brendan Eich
BY Lucas Grindley
April 10 2014 12:27 PM ET
Bill Maher joked (sort of) that it was the "gay mafia" that did in former Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich. Andrew Sullivan says it was the LGBT movement run amuck.
Sullivan told Stephen Colbert on Wednesday that Eich's opposition to marriage equality was "a political view." Rather than explain his views, Eich resigned in face of outrage over his donation to passage of Proposition 8. Sullivan warned, "You don't want to bring this kind of political warfare into the workplace."
He is one of a contingent of LGBT voices who say the CEO's ouster by grassroots LGBT activists was overreach.
Watch the Colbert interview below, followed by his "report" on what happened.
- He Said, She Said: Privilege Check On I Am Cait
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers