AIDS Walk Orange County raises $725,000
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 03 2003 12:00 AM ET
About 15,000 volunteers raised $725,000 for AIDS prevention and support services in Orange County, Calif., at Sunday's 17th annual AIDS Walk Orange County, the Los Angeles Times reports. About 5,000 more walkers participated this year than in 2002. The event has raised more than $10 million for local AIDS service organizations since its inception in 1987. Orange County ranks 28th among the nation's 100 largest urban areas for reported AIDS cases. Nearly 10,000 people in the county are living with HIV.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence
- Governors of Connecticut, New York, and Washington Ban Travel to Indiana