AIDS Walk Orange County raises $725,000
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 03 2003 12:00 AM ET
About 15,000 volunteers raised $725,000 for AIDS prevention and support services in Orange County, Calif., at Sunday's 17th annual AIDS Walk Orange County, the Los Angeles Times reports. About 5,000 more walkers participated this year than in 2002. The event has raised more than $10 million for local AIDS service organizations since its inception in 1987. Orange County ranks 28th among the nation's 100 largest urban areas for reported AIDS cases. Nearly 10,000 people in the county are living with HIV.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Right-Wing Ad: Marriage Equality Will Cause Freedom's 'Extinction'
- Artist Spotlight: Chris von Steiner