Songs for Life HIV/AIDS fund-raiser CD to be released July 22
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 22 2003 12:00 AM ET
EMI-Capitol Records and Swaziland's Royal Initiative to Combat AIDS have announced that a fund-raising CD, called Songs for Life, will be released in the United States on July 22. The CD was created to raise money for HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment programs in sub-Saharan Africa, home to an estimated 35 million HIV-positive people. The CD includes songs by Mary J. Blige, Destiny's Child, Aretha Franklin, Enrique Iglesias, Patti LaBelle, Joan Osborne, Paul Simon, Simply Red, Britney Spears, and many other musicians. Funds raised by sales of the CD will support the Royal Initiative to Combat AIDS, which supports HIV/AIDS efforts in 14 African nations.
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Why Are We Gay?
- Meet the Trans Man and Pansexual Woman Married by Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis
- Freeheld: Love In the Time of Cancer
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves