Songs for Life HIV/AIDS fund-raiser CD to be released July 22
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 22 2003 12:00 AM ET
EMI-Capitol Records and Swaziland's Royal Initiative to Combat AIDS have announced that a fund-raising CD, called Songs for Life, will be released in the United States on July 22. The CD was created to raise money for HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment programs in sub-Saharan Africa, home to an estimated 35 million HIV-positive people. The CD includes songs by Mary J. Blige, Destiny's Child, Aretha Franklin, Enrique Iglesias, Patti LaBelle, Joan Osborne, Paul Simon, Simply Red, Britney Spears, and many other musicians. Funds raised by sales of the CD will support the Royal Initiative to Combat AIDS, which supports HIV/AIDS efforts in 14 African nations.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Hilarious Take on This Week's Supreme Court Arguments