Seattle AIDS Walk raises $500,000
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 17 2003 12:00 AM ET
About 2,500 people participated Sunday in the annual Seattle AIDS Walk, bringing in more than $500,000 for the city's Lifelong AIDS Alliance. The five-mile walk is the biggest fund-raiser for the alliance, which provides nutrition, counseling, housing, transportation, education, and emergency assistance for 8,400 AIDS patients around Washington.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- S.C. Fans Show Lack Of Creativity, Smarts in Michael Sam Posters
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar