Seattle AIDS Walk raises $500,000
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 17 2003 12:00 AM ET
About 2,500 people participated Sunday in the annual Seattle AIDS Walk, bringing in more than $500,000 for the city's Lifelong AIDS Alliance. The five-mile walk is the biggest fund-raiser for the alliance, which provides nutrition, counseling, housing, transportation, education, and emergency assistance for 8,400 AIDS patients around Washington.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People