Seattle AIDS Walk raises $500,000
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 17 2003 12:00 AM ET
About 2,500 people participated Sunday in the annual Seattle AIDS Walk, bringing in more than $500,000 for the city's Lifelong AIDS Alliance. The five-mile walk is the biggest fund-raiser for the alliance, which provides nutrition, counseling, housing, transportation, education, and emergency assistance for 8,400 AIDS patients around Washington.
- BREAKING: Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- WATCH: CNN's Cooper, Lemon Explore Their Roots in Special Program
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death