Brown Researchers Create HIV Rapid Test Video
December 14 2007 12:00 AM ET
medical researchers have created the first educational
video on rapid HIV testing. The video reviews the rapid
testing process, which is administered with a saliva
swab, a finger stick, or a blood draw.
The video is
mainly intended to give health care providers and outreach
workers an efficient way to educate their patients about the
virus and testing for it, according to a press
release. Do You Know About Rapid HIV Testing?
features Brown and the Harvard medical researchers.
Abbott Diagnostics Inc., which distributes the
OraQuick Rapid HIV-1/2 Antibody Test, paid for a portion of
the production costs. (The Advocate)
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Separate or Together? 42 min 39 sec ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America 43 min 25 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero? 1 hour 13 min ago
- Music WATCH: The Best (and Not So Best) of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music 2 hours 42 min ago
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM