Brown Researchers Create HIV Rapid Test Video
December 14 2007 1:00 AM ET
medical researchers have created the first educational
video on rapid HIV testing. The video reviews the rapid
testing process, which is administered with a saliva
swab, a finger stick, or a blood draw.
The video is
mainly intended to give health care providers and outreach
workers an efficient way to educate their patients about the
virus and testing for it, according to a press
release. Do You Know About Rapid HIV Testing?
features Brown and the Harvard medical researchers.
Abbott Diagnostics Inc., which distributes the
OraQuick Rapid HIV-1/2 Antibody Test, paid for a portion of
the production costs. (The Advocate)
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Rep. Steve King Wants Congress to Denounce Supreme Court's Marriage Equality Ruling
- 15 More Queers and Allies to Watch in 2015
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- President Obama Has Not Called for LGBT National Holiday