Allure Finds LGBT Readers Generally Attracted to Older People
BY Jase Peeples
March 20 2013 4:55 PM ET
Allure magazine recently conducted its first anti-aging survey, which questioned a sampling of 2,000 men and women across the nation. The study examined how every aspect of a person’s life is affected as they age, along with attitudes and perceptions of aging in pop culture.
In addition to uncovering differences between the perception of aging men and women in pop culture, the survey offered several findings highlighting differences between LGBT respondents and heterosexuals.
According to a press release for the study:
· LGBT respondents are more likely to be attracted to people older than themselves by more than 10 years compared to straight respondents
· LGBT respondents think they attract people younger than themselves by more than 10 years more so than straight respondents do
· 73% of LGBT respondents think that women have more pressure to look young now than they did 10 years ago versus only 46% of LGBT respondents think that men have that same pressure
Additional key findings from the survey are located at Allure.com. with the full results to be published in the magazine’s April issue.
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Gay Man Allegedly Assaulted by Hasidic Gang in New York
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn December 10 2013 5:38 PM