Vatican document proposes barring gays from priesthood
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 11 2002 12:00 AM ET
The Vatican has prepared a draft document that would prevent the admission of openly gay men to the priesthood, the Catholic News Service has reported. Vatican sources told CNS on October 8 that the document takes the position that because the church considers homosexuality "objectively disordered," gay men should not be admitted to the seminary nor should they be ordained. Apparently the document, which was drafted by the Congregation for Catholic Education, is being circulated in the Vatican for comment throughout the month. However, there is no time frame for a decision on the document, CNS reported.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Will PrEP Make Gay Men Stop Using Condoms?
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'