Vatican document proposes barring gays from priesthood
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 10 2002 11:00 PM ET
The Vatican has prepared a draft document that would prevent the admission of openly gay men to the priesthood, the Catholic News Service has reported. Vatican sources told CNS on October 8 that the document takes the position that because the church considers homosexuality "objectively disordered," gay men should not be admitted to the seminary nor should they be ordained. Apparently the document, which was drafted by the Congregation for Catholic Education, is being circulated in the Vatican for comment throughout the month. However, there is no time frame for a decision on the document, CNS reported.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View