Churches to circulate antigay petitions
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 02 2002 1:00 AM ET
Roman Catholic parishes across Connecticut this weekend will be seeing a petition opposing legal recognition of gay unions. The petition, written by the Knights of Columbus and supported by Hartford archbishop Daniel A. Cronin, will be circulated in Catholic churches across the state at masses.
In part, the petition reads: "We, the undersigned, oppose the passage of any legislation that seeks to redefine marriage and request that you do the same." The document asks state representatives and senators to "oppose any legislation that would, in part or whole, affirm same-sex 'marriage' or facsimile."
Cronin, in his message to the parishes, said the petitions will be presented to the state legislature "to assure that your voice is heard."
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- San Francisco Mourns Death of Legendary Drag Performer
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started
- Britney Spears Heartfelt Letter to Once Suicidal Gay Fan