Minnesota activist missing
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 06 2002 1:00 AM ET
Friends and relatives in Minneapolis have been searching for a prominent gay activist who has been missing since October 28. Minneapolis police say they have no indication that foul play is involved in the disappearance of Tim Lee, 34, who has been missing since checking out of a hospital. However, Lee's partner, Guthrie Theater actor Richard Iglewski, said he's concerned because Lee had entered the hospital seeking help for severe depression and anxiety. Lee founded Outward Spiral Theatre Company in 1996 and is managing editor of Lavender Magazine.
Lee left his job at Lavender and admitted himself to Abbott Northwestern hospital on October 24. On Monday, Lee left the hospital with his aunt, who drove him to her home in Minneapolis. Lee then went for a walk and hasn't been seen since.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Current Issue The South's Longer Wait for Equality 47 min 8 sec ago
- Current Issue Editor's Letter: Why One Couple's Story Should Worry You 47 min 8 sec ago
- Current Issue The Small Southwestern Town That Went Rogue 47 min 8 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs May 19 2013 6:02 PM
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy May 19 2013 5:59 PM
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech May 19 2013 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson May 19 2013 1:01 PM