Gay personals lead to S.F. meth bust
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 10 2003 1:00 AM ET
Two men suspected of offering drugs for sale via the men-seeking-men personal ads on the Craig's List Web site were arrested Wednesday after selling crystal methamphetamine to undercover officers, according to The [San Francisco] Examiner.
Police said Buck Cody Davis of Phoenix and Adolf Mauriscio of Contra Costa County, Calif., were booked on multiple felony counts of suspicion of selling crystal meth to law enforcement officers after police responded to an ad placed on Craig's List offering "tina," a code word for methamphetamine.
Police were alerted to the scheme after finding a message that read, "hey guys 2 young party boys downtown looking for other party guys to help us dispose of our supplies (tina) reasonable prices and good quality call bryan or blaine." The listing included a local phone number. Authorities said "bryan" and "blaine" were aliases used by the
San Francisco police vice inspector John Keane said Davis, 25, and Mauriscio, 32, rented a room at the Empress Hotel on Eddy Street in the Tenderloin district of San Francisco and used a laptop to post the speed-for-sale messages on Craig's List.
"These two guys are small-time players and what we call idiots," one officer said, adding that he was astonished dealers would openly post their phone numbers on a Web site read by almost 6 million people every day.
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- HIV & AIDS Why Are a Higher Percentage of Native Americans Dying from AIDS Complications Than Any Other Group? 1 hour 27 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Lorde Is Not Having Your Stupid Lesbian Joke 1 hour 53 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: In Defense of Looking 7:00 AM
- Current Issue Truly Social Networking 6:01 AM
- Seat Filler 5 Must-See Shows: What's Gay Off-Broadway 5:00 AM
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM