Drug feud suspected in Cape Town massacre
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 23 2003 12:00 AM ET
The execution-style killing of eight men at a gay massage parlor in Cape Town, South Africa, may have been a revenge attack and could be drug-related, police said Tuesday.
Two men who may have previously worked at the massage parlor, Sizzlers, might have been the intended target of the attack, police spokesman Capt. Etienne Terblanche said. Neither man was at the house during the attack, and police were searching for them, he said.
"We believe they have information that can assist in the investigation," Terblanche said.
The attackers tied up 10 people at Sizzlers early Monday and shot them at close range. They also slit the throats of some of the men. Six people died immediately, two others died at the hospital, and two remained hospitalized Tuesday.
Police were also searching for four white men who were seen leaving the crime scene Monday. Local media said the men were members of a gang from the Johannesburg area.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Says Pat Robertson
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study 45 min 55 sec ago
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts New Anthem Supporting LGBT Russians 1 hour 13 min ago
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson 1 hour 18 min ago
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 4:20 PM
- Coming Out WATCH: Mom Affirms Love in Son's Coming-Out Video 3:57 PM
- People Photo of the Day: DLB and Tom Daley Share a Moment in Houston 3:50 PM
- Entertainment News Damien Lewis vs. Ian McKellen: Homeland Actor Apologizes 3:39 PM