Gay incumbents will return to Congress
November 03 2004 1:00 AM ET
All three openly gay or lesbian U.S. representatives will be returning to Congress in 2005, each having won a decisive victory. Democrat Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin, who some observers thought might be vulnerable, won handily, as did Democrat Barney Frank in Massachusetts and Republican Jim Kolbe in Arizona. For a comprehensive list of openly gay and lesbian candidates and how they fared at the polls, including a number of remarkable victories on state and local levels, go to Advocate.com's ELECTION 2004 page, via the banner link on the home page of this site.
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- AIDS Org. Made Men Over 40 Pay to Attend Pool Party