Gay incumbents will return to Congress
November 03 2004 1:00 AM ET
All three openly gay or lesbian U.S. representatives will be returning to Congress in 2005, each having won a decisive victory. Democrat Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin, who some observers thought might be vulnerable, won handily, as did Democrat Barney Frank in Massachusetts and Republican Jim Kolbe in Arizona. For a comprehensive list of openly gay and lesbian candidates and how they fared at the polls, including a number of remarkable victories on state and local levels, go to Advocate.com's ELECTION 2004 page, via the banner link on the home page of this site.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word