Gay incumbents will return to Congress
November 03 2004 1:00 AM ET
All three openly gay or lesbian U.S. representatives will be returning to Congress in 2005, each having won a decisive victory. Democrat Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin, who some observers thought might be vulnerable, won handily, as did Democrat Barney Frank in Massachusetts and Republican Jim Kolbe in Arizona. For a comprehensive list of openly gay and lesbian candidates and how they fared at the polls, including a number of remarkable victories on state and local levels, go to Advocate.com's ELECTION 2004 page, via the banner link on the home page of this site.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun