Gay incumbents will return to Congress
November 03 2004 1:00 AM ET
All three openly gay or lesbian U.S. representatives will be returning to Congress in 2005, each having won a decisive victory. Democrat Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin, who some observers thought might be vulnerable, won handily, as did Democrat Barney Frank in Massachusetts and Republican Jim Kolbe in Arizona. For a comprehensive list of openly gay and lesbian candidates and how they fared at the polls, including a number of remarkable victories on state and local levels, go to Advocate.com's ELECTION 2004 page, via the banner link on the home page of this site.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- Hot Sheet: Openly Serving, Openly Loving
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media